[Biology-U-L] Marine Science Undergrad Volunteers Needed

Biology Undergraduate List biology-u-l at mail.lifesci.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 28 14:29:08 PDT 2010

We are seeking motivated undergraduate volunteers to help out with
laboratory tasks. We are currently looking for students to work a
minimum of 5 hours per week starting immediately. We have laboratory
work in which students would be grinding invertebrates for isotope
analysis & dissecting invertebrates. This project is looking at food
types of filter feeding invertebrates. This is important because of food
web and potential disturbances of the environment. There are
also opportunities for data analysis in which students can gain valuable
experience using excel and other statistical programs. Smaller projects
are also common in the laboratory such as isotope analysis of burned vs.
unburned stream beds. No experience is needed, but would be a plus! If
interested in getting some hands on lab experience in, please email
Patricia at laverty at msi.ucsb.edu <mailto:laverty at msi.ucsb.edu>.

In your response email, please cut and paste with answers (emails
without these answers will be filtered out):

Year and major:

Experience (labs, internships, pertinent classes, GPA):

Availability (lab hours are 8-5 M-F):

Other information:

Patricia Laverty
Marine Science Institute