[Biology-U-L] Health Professions Association Meeting

Biology Undergraduate List biology-u-l at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 30 07:55:44 PDT 2010

Are you interested in a career in Medicine or the Health Professions  field?
Then the Health Professions Association is for you!

The Health Professions Association is a campus organization which
believes in helping keep students informed and knowledgeable about
everything they need to know about Medical Professions. We are   dedicated
to bringing you the best possible volunteer, research,   academic, and
application information for your medical career.

The career path of a health professional can be a difficult to   navigate,
especially with all of the information and technicalities on    top of the
coursework! HPA is your best resource to help you reach   your goals and
that is exactly what we are here for, YOU!

If you are interested in getting a head start on your career, and   getting
some amazing support then I strongly suggest you come to our   first
meeting of the year!

This Monday, October 4, 2010 will be the first Health Professions
Associations (HPA) meeting of the year, at 7:00 PM in Chem 1179. It   will
be a general welcome meeting, as well as guest speakers from   Adventures
In Caring speaking about volunteer opportunities coming up   for this
school year, followed by some Q&A.

We would love to have all students who are interested in becoming a
professional in the medical field attend this meeting and become a   part
of HPA! It is a great way to learn more about the medical field   and the
steps needed to get a career as a health professional.

It is strongly encouraged that those interested in HPA fill out a
membership application, however the meetings are welcome to all!

All majors are invited and pizza will be served, so we encourage you   to
come see what we're all about. Hope to see you on Monday!

Michael Abrouk
President
Health Professions Association
michaelabrouk at me.com